The nights are drawing in faster, the temperatures are dropping and the first frosts have hit. This means that winter is not far away! Staying fit and healthy over the winter months can be challenging as colds and bugs seem to surround us. However, our chiropractors at our Ealing clinic believe that we can all do a few things to help protect ourselves and stay fit and healthy during these months.
It’s never too early to start getting your body winter ready by following these tips:
- Get your 5 a day: We’ve all heard of the benefits of including 5 portions of fruit and vegetables into our daily diet. Hopefully you are already but if not now is a good time to fill your fruit bowls and stock up on veggies. Keep dried fruits an d nuts in your cupboards so you can reach for those instead of the sweets and chocolates that may be laying around!
- Eat a healthy breakfast: Start the day off with a bowl of porridge – sounds boring but it doesn’t need to be. Top it up with fruit like blueberries and nuts and maybe some flax seed too. Make the porridge with water or non diary milk such as almond, rice or oat and avoid adding any sugar – adding fruit or maybe a drizzle of honey instead. Yummy!
- Exercise regularly: When it’s cold and dark outside it’s easy to start skipping taking regular exercise. However, don’t skip it as there are so many benefits to taking exercise if nothing else it will boost your mood and immune system!
- Get outdoors: As with exercise it may be tempting to shut yourself away over the winter months but getting a daily dose of the great outdoors can do you wonders. So wrap up warm and step outside.
- Visit a chiropractor: Get those niggles and pains sorted out or make an appointment for that regular check up you’ve been meaning to book. In addition to checking your musculoskeletal system your chiropractor should be able to offer you nutritional and lifestyle advice to keep you fit and healthy over the winter months.
Get your body winter ready now.
Our chiropractor at The Spine & Joint Centre in Ealing are here to help you. You can call us on 020 8900 9004 to book an appointment with one of our team.